Welcome to the January 2007 Seniors Digest!
As we ring in the New Year, we must say farewell to some wonderful folks, many of whom you have met in the Digest over the years. This month marks the end of the term for a number of our Advisory Council members. We would like to recognize the amazing service all of these people have contributed to the Council. They will be more than missed!
Former Seniors Digest Editor Timmie Faghin has graciously agreed to stay on board to help out with the Digest—thank you, Timmie!
Would you or someone you know be interested in joining the Advisory Council? If so, please contact Marcy Kubbs at 206-684-0490 or email@example.com.
Also in this issue:
- Next Chapter of Puget Sound, a consortium of Seattle community nonprofits providing services and resources to those in midlife and beyond, is in the early stages of planning
- Top 10 Ways to Protect Your Memory
- Lighting the Way to Independence: Safe Lighting for Seniors
- January is National Glaucoma Awareness Month
- "Take Care of Your Eyes" Wordfind
For More Information....
Check out SeniorsDigest.org, our national companion website. The Seniors Digest Resource Center is a great place to begin your search for information about issues of interest to seniors and their families.
We hope you will refer to our electronic pages often—to obtain advice, to learn of new and exciting services, and to offer us your constructive feedback.
Read Seniors Digest and tell us what you think. We are here to help.
Don Moreland, Chair
Seattle-King County Advisory Council
on Aging and Disability Services