|Seattle-King County Edition (Preview)
August 1, 2007
Welcome to the August 2007 Seniors Digest!
When local seniors work with graduate students from the University of Washington’s Department of Rehabilitation Medicine in an in-home exercise program, it’s one of those win-win situations! In this issue of Seniors Digest, read about Jacqueline Franklin’s progress through the HomeStretch Program, which helps clients become more active through regular physical exercise so that they can manage their chronic conditions. The grad students working with Jacqueline praise her dedication!
|UW Physical Therapy graduate students Rachel Nelson and Crystal Periot agree that Jacqueline Franklin’s commitment to her HomeStretch exercise routine has helped her meet—and exceed—her fitness program goals. |
Also in this issue….
- The Healthy Aging Partnership (HAP) is pleased to announce their newly improved web site, www.4elders.org, where you’ll find helpful new features, and a wealth of information and resources for Puget Sound elders and the people who care about them.
- You are invited to provide comment on the draft Area Plan on Aging, 2008-2011. Attend one of three public hearings, or submit comments in writing.
- Learn about some of the special concerns of male caregivers—and how you can provide support to a man who is serving as family caregiver for a loved one.
- Just for fun, check out the “Summer of Love” Trivia Puzzle.
- See Links You Can Use for helpful local resources.
For More Information….
Check out SeniorsDigest.org, our national companion website. The Seniors Digest Resource Center is a great place to begin your search for information about issues of interest to seniors and their families.
We hope you will refer to our electronic pages often—to obtain advice, to learn of new and exciting services, and to offer us your constructive feedback.
Read Seniors Digest and tell us what you think. We are here to help.
Don Moreland, Chair
Seattle-King County Advisory Council
on Aging and Disability Services
© Seattle-King County Advisory Council on Aging & Disability Services
|Electronic newsletter design and publication by