Living Well Workshop
Do you struggle with chronic disease? Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired? Living Well Workshop can help!
The way the program is taught is what makes it effective. Workshop sessions are lively and participative. Workshop members talk, share, practice skills and learn together over six weeks. Mutual support and success build confidence in the ability to manage health and maintain active and fulfilling lives.
How does it work?
People with different chronic health problems attend together. Workshops are facilitated by licensed coaches, one or both of whom have chronic diseases themselves. Workshops meet for 2½ hours once a week for 6 weeks.
The Self-Management Program will not conflict with existing programs or treatments. It is designed to enhance regular treatment and disease-specific education.
What topics are covered?
Subjects covered include...
- Techniques to deal with problems and symptoms such as frustration, fatigue, pain, negative emotions, and isolation.
- Exercise/physical movement for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance.
- Appropriate and effective use of medications.
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals.
- Evaluating new treatment options.
What does it cost?
Living Well Workshop is free.
To find a program, call KIPDA Area Agency on Aging and Independent Living at 502-266-5571 or 1-888-737-3363.